2022-P Australia 1 oz Gold Lunar Tiger BU (Series III)
Product Details Australia Gold Lunar Tiger
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Mintage of no more than 30,000 pieces.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a tiger standing on a peak with its head turned towards its tail. The animal’s open jaw features razor-sharp canine teeth. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for “tiger,” the inscription “TIGER 2022” and The Perth Mint’s “P” mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Continue your Perth Lunar Series III coin collection by adding this presentation case to your order.
This Year of the Tiger coin would make a great addition to any lunar collection. Add this spectacular 2022-P 1 oz Gold Year of the Tiger coin to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint’s Lunar Series 3.
Lunar Year of the Tiger
Perth Mint’s Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2022 reverse celebrates the Year of the Tiger. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar tiger in 2022, 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, and every 12th preceding year are said to be natural leaders, blessed with courage, charm, and confidence. Tigers are seen as guardians of children in Chinese culture, and are a symbol of bravery.
The Perth Mint Lunar Gold Coin Series
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, The Perth Mint Gold Lunar coins package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. Struck by the historic Perth Mint in .9999 fine Gold since 1996, each coin’s Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity. Beginning in 2020 and scheduled for yearly releases through 2031, The Perth Mint’s Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. Today, The Perth Mint Lunar coins are available in multiple sizes in Gold, Silver and Platinum.
The Perth Lunar Series 1 concluded in 2010, and Series II concluded in 2019. These releases have been tremendously popular worldwide, with each year selling out quickly as investors and collectors claim the coins of all sizes. As each 1 oz Gold bullion coin in Series III has been limited to 30,000 coins worldwide, the prolonged popularity is ensured by the high level of collectibility as well as the stellar designs from the reputable Perth Mint.