2021 Proof Mexican Gold Libertad 5-Coin Set
2021 Proof Mexican Gold Libertad 5-Coin Set The Mexican Mint introduced its Gold Libertad Series in 1981, with the proof versions of the coin released in 1983 for the first time. It wasnt until 2005 that the Proof Mexican Gold Libertad Series took on its current form with five coins available on an annual basis. In addition to buying gold in the series individually, you can also purchase all five coins in a beautiful presentation set. Right now, 2021 Proof Mexican Gold Libertad 5-Coin Sets are available to purchase online from Capital Bullion
Coin Set Highlights:
- Arrives inside of a wooden presentation box with individual capsules for the coins!
- Includes all five Proof Mexican Gold Libertad coins from 2021!
- Limited availability!
- Contains 1.9 Troy oz of .999 pure gold.
- Obverse includes the Mexican coat of arms.
- Reverse features the image of Winged Victory with the mountains of Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl.
- Proof visuals.
- Each 2021 Proof Mexican Gold Libertad 5-Coin Set is available to you for purchase online with beautiful presentation packaging. Each one of the coins is individually packaged inside a protective capsule. The five coins are set within individual slots in the wooden display box that has the name Banco de Mexico on the interior of the lid and the exterior of the lid. The coins and box ships inside of a shipper from Banco de Mexico as well.
Included in the 2021 Proof Mexican Gold Libertad Set are a total of five individual gold coins. The weights available represent all five of the coins from the Proof Gold Libertad Series: 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz gold. The series has offered these weights in the years 2005-2011 and 2013 to present.
- Obverse imagery on the 2021 Proof Mexican Gold Libertad focuses on the modern coat of arms of Mexico. The design features the modern seal at the center with the Mexican golden eagle on the arm of a prickly pear cactus. The eagle is using its talons and beak to control a rattlesnake. There is an inscription of the nation of issue above, with an oak-and-laurel wreath below. On the 1 oz gold coin, you will find this image along with a ring of 10 historic versions of the coat of arms surrounding the larger, modern seal in the center.
Reverse designs on the 2021 Proof Gold Libertad include the statue of Winged Victory with the mountains of Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl in the background field. The statue was constructed in 1910 to mark the 100th anniversary of the start of Mexicos independence movement and is based on the Greek goddess Nike, the goddess of victory. The mountains in the background are volcanic peaks outside of Mexico City that remain active to this day.